PLAYLISTS


Many people wonder why I have so many playlists. Music is a form of therapy. It gives people answers to their questions, provides a sense of comfort, and brings happiness overall. I am someone who is always listening to music. Whether it's working out, driving, doing homework, getting ready to go out, cleaning, etc., playing music specific to your feelings is definitely a mood booster. I am known as that friend who has a playlist for every occasion. I even make them for everyone's birthday celebrations and include songs that remind me of that person.

I categorize my playlist from very broad to specific topics:

1) Car playlist- a playlist full of my favorite songs I can listen to all day every day. The music categories are all over the place but includes my favorite songs to jam out to while driving including Avicii's "Heaven" and "SOS"

2) Christmas (year)- I only really listen to this playlist during the months of November and December, which is filled with my favorite holiday hits! However, it is totally acceptable to listen to this playlist any time of year :)

3) Country- one of my favorite music categories. This playlist is perfect for a hot summer day as you are laying on a float in your pool, floating all your stresses away. Songs on this playlist include "Jesus, take the Wheel, "God's Country", and "Cop Car."

4) Disney- as a true child at heart, this playlist always puts me in the best mood possible. I listen to this playlist more often now during this difficult time and to get me excited for my Disney trip I have planned. Songs on this playlist include the soundtrack of my favorite Disney movie, Beauty and the Beast, along with songs such as "Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride," "Nobody's Perfect," and "Part of Your World."

5) Get Hyped- one of my favorite playlists I have! This playlist is perfect for getting ready to go out, parties, or in the car on your way to a celebration. It definitely boosts my mood and makes me excited for a fun day/night out with friends.

6) One Tree Hill- my favorite TV show also has very meaningful and passionate songs throughout its 10 seasons of the series. When you feel as if you're in need of inspiration or you're "in your feels," this playlist is great! Songs such as "Calling All Angels," "Feeling a Moment," and "Look After You" are some of my favorite on this playlist.

7) Sad Jams- a lot of people ask why I have this playlist on my phone. When you're having a bad day and feeling down, I feel as if listening to songs about similar situations I go through help me feel better. These songs are also very powerful in meaning and can be used as a source of inspiration.

8) Songs I Learned As a Kid But Did Not Appreciate Until Now- this playlist includes hits from Nickelodeon shows such as Victorious and Big Time Rush and Disney Channel's Hannah Montana. I made this playlist because there are songs from our childhood that relate to what we go through now, but were too young as children to appreciate them and understand their true meaning. Songs on this playlist include "Take a Hint," "Beggin on Your Knees," and "I Got Nerve"

9) Unwind and Relax- a playlist made to bring happiness and calm your mind. This is something I listen to while cleaning, putting clothes away, or just want to boost my mood. This playlist includes mostly sons from Michael Buble' and Frank Sinatra.

No matter what you're feeling, there is a song for every mood and occasion. Categorizing my playlists give me several options as to what I want to listen to. Next time you're bored, give it a try! :)

Until next time, sippers xoxo
AML

Comments

Popular Posts